Bed Bug Safety Tips When Residing in a Dormitory
There's nothing as fun as your college years. Dorm life is an experience you'll never forget. But, bed bugs are a huge problem on campuses all across the US. Don't get caught with your guard down! Here are some important tips to keep the bed bugs from biting.
Bedbug tips in a dormitory:
- Know what bed bugs and signs of bed bug infestations look like and do routine visual bed bug inspections frequently.
- See bed bug tips for going off to college for details on what to look for and how.
- Get the Bed Bug Dorm Room Protection Smart Buy and encase your mattress and pillow. Use the anti-bedbug laundry bags, one for dirty laundry and one for clean laundry.
- Keep your dorm room clutter free as long as possible, because the more bed bug hiding spaces you’ve got.
- Closet organizers, over the door shoe rack, bed bug free laundry bag, closet organizers etc.
- Bed risers to keep your bed farther from bed bugs.
- Don’t put your bed directly against the wall.
- More clean metal and glass, and less wood etc., so bed bugs can’t easily climb it.
- Vacuum as often as possible, using a bagged vacuum.
- If you find bed bugs or signs of bed bugs at any time, immediately notify campus housing, before the infestation has a chance to spread.