Bed Bug Safety Tips When Flying
Travel is the most common way bed bugs are spread. Don’t leave your safety up in the air!
Take some simple steps to protect yourself and your family from these blood sucking bed bugs!
Tips to protect against bed bugs when flying:
- When making flight reservations, ask the airline representative what steps they take to keep bed bugs out of their passenger areas.
- Personally inspect your seating and surrounding area.
- Look for shed bed bug skins/shells, reddish brown streaks or spots and bed bug eggs – you may even see the bugs themselves in a bad infestation.
- Use a travel pillow with encasement, do not use an airline provided pillow.
- If you see any signs of bed bugs, notify the cabin crew immediately.
- When packing your luggage, use a anti-bedbug luggage liner both for checked and carry on baggage. They also make great drawer liners when you check in to your hotel.
- Be sure to carefully inspect your luggage once you claim it from the carousel. If you spot bed bugs or eggs, notify the baggage office immediately, and ask for assistance.