Bed Bug Safety Tips When Inviting Guests
It’s always nice to invite guests over, but with the bed bug epidemic, it takes on a new and potentially ominous aspect. Without being rude, how can you ask your guests if they are infested with bed bugs?
Here are some surefire tips on being tactful and safe at the same time.
Bedbug tips for when inviting guests:
- Advise guests politely that you are concerned about bed bugs, and ask them if they are aware of the problem, or even if they have had their own run in with bed bugs.
- Ask guests to take off their shoes and leave them outside the front door.
- If they sleep over, provide them with an anti-bed bug laundry bag, and luggage liners to use in storing their belongings.
- Provide them with metal hangars for their hanging clothes – it makes it harder for bed bugs to take root.
- After they leave, inspect all the bedding, especially the seams of the mattress and box spring.
- Look under sheets for signs of bed bugs – look for eggs, shed skin, reddish brown streaks, and of course – live bugs.
More bedbug tips to protect your home:
When getting married & setting up a new home
When buying your first bed
When using a cleaning service
Bed Bug Tips for Landlords
When choosing a caterer
When renovating or redecorating
When buying an apartment/home
When returning from a trip
When living in a multi-unit house
When renting an apartment/home
When renting furniture (for home, office, or party)
When renting storage
Preparing for Bed Bug Exterminator Services